I Got Wet Under the Rain

>> Sunday, September 6, 2009

the rain walks quick from the horizon
miles away over the sleeping hills,
unexpecting its sudden mourning and
crying over my blue face, until i am
all wet, all drowned, all crying.

i tried to wipe all tears with my
white soaked shirt, and it only
added to the hurt - made my
face and eyes all red and wet.

over the horizon i saw the
shimmers of the peering bading sun,
and the mourning of the heavy
sky stopped all sudden;
but my face, my eyes, my shirt
and my all of me were still
soaked in the cold of rain's
afternoon mourning.

5 comments:

madz September 6, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

I hate the rain, it makes me cry. The mood it sets is just tooooooooooo suitable for crying. But sometimes, I love the rain, for I can cry freely without being noticed.

Jena Isle September 8, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

Did you write this poem Elmot? Ang ganda...way to go!

brixxx September 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

@madz: At some moment I hate the rain too, makes me cry and feel so low sad.

But you are right, what makes it so good to cry in the rain is that it makes your crying unnoticeable as the rain washes away your tears.

brixxx September 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

@JenaIsle: Yes mam, I wrote the poem. Salamat po. Hopefully I could be more consistent of writing and publishing here my poems.

zorlone September 10, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Absolutely marvelous bro!

I can feel the cold rain like it was I who got wet. hehehe

Z

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Pinoy Sounding Board Ani-Mo! Gossip Eater PRC Board Exams Results and Passers List Pinoy Shout Outs Showbiz Duke

Back to TOP